Solaris R&D Benchtop Bioreactors IO
The IO mini bioreactor series is available in 200 ml & 1,000 ml vessel sizes with 2 available height/diameter aspect ratios. Parallel control is enabled via Solaris' Leonardo software which can control of up to 24 vessels from a single HMI.
Solaris bench-top bioreactors utilize powerful features, such as:
- Benefits of digital process sensor integration utilizing "smart" Hamilton Dissolved Oxygen, pH, Redox (ORP), & Conductivity probes.
- Modular "plug & play" integration of Hamilton Incyte Viable Cell Density (permittivity/capacitance) & Dencytee Optical Density sensors.
- Other modular "plug & play" additional parameters to the PCS include dCO2, turbidity, weight, additional pumps, etc.
- Leda needle free sampling system for risk free sampling.
- Gas mixing:
Thermal Mass Flow Controller in entry model
Gas mixing through TMFC + solenoid valves or numbers of TMFC
Automatic gas mixing algorithms for simplified controls (4-gas, 3-gas, O2 enrichment, N2 enrichment)
Toro, fluted and sintered spargers
- The Leonardo software platform is powerful, user friendly, & intuitive by offering a graphical user interface for intuitive selection of the many software functions. Multiple available basic & advanced features can be combined for the optimized control of complex processes. The Logic Parser plug-in allows customized conditional & loop control based upon the system's installed process parameters.
The Solaris developed platform also enables easily managed fermentation data, which can be customized, & also compatible with Windows Excel. Leonardo software is included in the cost of a standard fermenter or bioreactor package & can be installed on an unlimited number of PCs, laptops, tablets, etc.
The IO system is ideal for applications such as:
- Cell and strain screening
- Protein expression and kinetics
- Enzyme activity tests
- Fermentation parameter optimization
- Synthetic biology